Laboratory Assistant Jobs in Indianapolis
MiraVista Diagnostics operates a fast-paced onsite clinical laboratory in Indianapolis where we process more than 100,000 diagnostic tests for serious fungal infections each year. As a national reference lab, we employ highly qualified personnel. We are actively seeking an experienced Laboratory Assistant to perform duties associated with support of clinical laboratory testing.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please use the online Career Form on this page to apply for this employment opportunity at MiraVista Diagnostics (or email your resume to email@example.com).
Job Description for Laboratory Assistant
- Responsible for compliance with federal and state regulations regarding clinical laboratories and safety as well as laboratory policies and procedures
- Support all phases of clinical laboratory testing duties including specimen receiving and handling, labeling and accessioning; preparation of reagents or media; equipment function checks, treatment of clinical samples and verification of data entry.
- Resolve issues and communicate with clients regarding laboratory documentation and results
- Conduct laboratory equipment maintenance and function checks, including robotic stations, autoclave, water bath, heat blocks, centrifuges, safety shower and eyewash and water purification system
- Conduct general maintenance of laboratory including cleanliness of benches, washing dishes, stocking laboratory supplies and proper waste disposal
- Data entry and verification, faxing, filing and record retention
Job Requirements for Laboratory Assistant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Strong data entry and data verification skills with attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and comply with procedures related to quality, safety and security
Qualifications for Laboratory Assistant
- Minimum high school education or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or related field preferred
Apply today for the Indianapolis Laboratory Assistant position at MiraVista Diagnostics. Please use the form on this page.