Summary of Responsibilities
Ensure that materials are available for clinical services, product production and business services are delivered on time. Provide shipping, receiving, storage and order fulfilment services for finished goods, inventory, materials, supplies, parts and equipment at the facility. Improve material flow processes. Control costs to achieve company and department objectives. Assure that our processes meet quality, regulatory and business requirements.
Job Type: Full-time, day shift Monday-Friday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive materials on a daily basis.
- Verify that the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
- Maintain databases and records confirming the status of materials received.
- Examine, store and deliver materials according to established procedures and customer requirements.
- Work with internal customers and other departments to identify and plan for unique storage requirements as they arise.
- Prepare routine documentation.
- Operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack).
- Prepare and ship materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
- Post weights and shipping charges.
- Keep customers informed of the status of shipments. Develop and prepare reports on shipping volumes, cost and efficiency.
- This individual will be required to become familiar with domestic and international regulatory requirements associated with the processing and shipment of company product.
- Monitor supplier performance and report on a regular basis.
- Through teamwork maintain and improve the quality system.
- Ensure inventory is organized and readily accessible.
- Participate in inventory counts
- Pulls any expired inventory for disposition.
- Other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- 3 years inventory management experience maintaining and developing the supply chain function.
- Experience with business software systems (ERP systems) and other tools to maximize productivity.
- Experience with quality systems such as ISO13485, cGMP or QSR.
- Great organizational skills.
Education and Experience
- HS degree required with an Associates degree preferred with 3 years inventory management experience maintaining and developing the supply chain function.
- Must be able to work productively and independently in an interdisciplinary team environment.
Apply today for the Inventory Associate position at MiraVista Diagnostics in Indianapolis. Please use the form on the website Career Center (or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with the web form).
MiraVista Diagnostics was established in 2002 and operates a fast-paced onsite clinical laboratory in Indianapolis where we process more than 100,000 diagnostic tests for serious fungal infections each year.
MiraVista Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.