Clinical Laboratory Technical Supervisor
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for the technical oversight outlined in 42CFR §493.1489, §493.1495, 493.1451 and Part 58-1 of 10NYCRR.
This is a full position, Tuesday through Friday 3:00PM-11:00PM, Saturday 10:00AM-5:00PM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of the Clinical Services Team to accomplish daily mission of patient care.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Follow and ensure compliance to regulatory standards (CLIA and State regulations).
- Responsible for compliance with laboratory policies and procedures.
- Perform high complexity testing.
- Provide timely and cheerful customer service.
- Shared responsibility for review and release of clinical patient assays.
- Responsible for working as part of the Clinical Services Management Team to 1.) develop monthly staffing schedule, 2.) ensure upkeep of qualified material inventory, 3.) judiciously allocate laboratory resources, 4.) prepare for audits and inspections.
- Responsible for the supervision of clinical laboratory personnel including hiring, remedial actions, development of robust training program, competency assessments, personnel reviews and maintenance of complete and compliant personnel files.
- Shared responsibility to qualify new reagents and other consumables.
- Work with others in Clinical Services Management Team to write, edit, and implement laboratory policies, procedures, protocols, work instructions, job-aids and forms.
- Responsible for training new laboratory employees on technical aspects of laboratory workflow and for training existing staff on new or modified procedures.
- Shared responsibility for interviewing, calling references, and making hiring decisions.
- Shared responsibility for maintenance, calibration, and operation of laboratory equipment.
- Shared responsibility to help with process improvement projects, implementation of change control processes, investigations of non-conformances, and other issues as they arise.
- Shared responsibility for working with the Clinical Services Manager to execute verification and/or validation activities for new clinical assays or equipment, sample types or process changes including changes to existing assays transferred from R&D.
- Responsible for semi-annual assay calibrations.
- Responsible for working as part of the Clinical Services Management Team in conducting competency assessments and proficiency testing including direct observations of technical processes and equipment use along with review of records and assessment of problem solving skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills, fostering a positive work environment.
- Ability to work exceptionally well as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Proficiency in many Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in other laboratory software including SigmaPlot and LIS.
- Ability to perform high complexity testing.
- Skilled at instrument calibration, maintenance and operation.
Bachelor’s degree in one of the biological or chemical sciences.
Minimum Related Experience
6 years of relevant Clinical Laboratory experience testing human samples.
Preferred Related Experience and Certification
- ASCP certification preferred
- Work experience in Mycology
- Work experience in Immunology
- Work experience with ELISA technology
Apply today for the Clinical Laboratory Technical Supervisor position at MiraVista Diagnostics in Indianapolis. Please use the form on the website Career Center (or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with the web form).
MiraVista Diagnostics was established in 2002 and operates a fast-paced onsite clinical laboratory in Indianapolis where we process more than 100,000 diagnostic tests for serious fungal infections each year.