Laboratory Support Representative
Summary of Responsibilities
Ensures that all customer needs are promptly addressed by responding to customers’ requests, questions and concerns in a timely and accurate manner, while exercising the highest level of service, quality and enthusiasm. Responsible for compliance with federal and state regulations regarding clinical laboratories and safety as well as laboratory policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates for this position must have a passion for excellence, outstanding communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to readily build relationships over the phone. Additionally, a qualified candidate must be quality focused, an effective team player and be motivated to achieve a rewarding career within the organization. A successful candidate should enjoy a dynamic fast paced work environment. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of the Clinical Services Team to accomplish daily mission of patient care.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Follow and ensure compliance to regulatory standards (CLIA and State regulations).
- Receive inbound calls and respond to calls as appropriate
- Coordinate consultations between Clinical Consultant and physicians or veterinarians
- Address basic technical support questions
- Promptly resolve customer service issues to the customer’s satisfaction per company procedures and standards
- Create and maintain activity call logs
- Report/escalate recurrent or significant issues through the appropriate channels
- Perform administrative duties, reports and special projects associated with customer service
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, nd/or ability required.
- Hard working team player with competitive spirit; determined to meet minimum call goals
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism, optimism and enthusiasm
- Must be willing to work within a Clinical Laboratory setting and willing to handle clinical specimens
- Confidence to proactively engage with customers
- Impeccable attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills and professional presence
- Innovative problem solver, results minded and solution focused
- Ability to prioritize assignments and effectively multitask job duties
- Effective team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong keyboarding skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- No unusual physical exertion required
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree or 2 years work experience in customer support
- Experience in laboratory, medical or physician office preferred
Apply today for the Research and Development Scientist position at MiraVista Diagnostics in Indianapolis. Please use the form on the website Career Center (or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with the web form).
MiraVista Diagnostics was established in 2002 and operates a fast-paced onsite clinical laboratory in Indianapolis where we process more than 100,000 diagnostic tests for serious fungal infections each year.