Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for performing clinical assays, maintaining quality assurance of assays, verifying and relaying results, and performing tasks associated with support of clinical tests and as required by MiraVista Policies/Procedures and 42CFR §493.1489, §493.1495 and Part 58-1 of 10NYCRR.
This is a full position, Monday through Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of the Clinical Services Team to accomplish daily mission of patient care.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Follow all Clinical Laboratory procedures and work instructions.
- Follow and ensure compliance to regulatory standards (CLIA and State regulations).
- Follow Quality Management System guidelines.
- Perform high complexity testing daily.
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses.
- Provide timely and cheerful customer service.
- Prepare specimens and samples.
- Maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment.
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced.
- Use computers and perform mathematical calculations for the analysis of results.
- Keep up to date with technical developments.
- Assist with projects as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to work exceptionally well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong data entry and data verification skills with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and comply with procedures related to quality, safety and security.
- Time management skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Medical Technologist, 4-year degree) with ASCP Certification.
Bachelor’s degree in one of the biological/chemical sciences and minimum of one year of clinical laboratory experience in the specialties of Mycology, ELISA technology, and/or Diagnostic Immunology.
Minimum Related Experience
- Intermediate MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Basic statistics knowledge, including data analysis
Preferred Related Experience and Certification
ASCP certification preferred
Apply today for the Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist position at MiraVista Diagnostics in Indianapolis. Please use the form on the website Career Center (or email your resume to email@example.com if you have any problems with the web form).
MiraVista Diagnostics was established in 2002 and operates a fast-paced onsite clinical laboratory in Indianapolis where we process more than 100,000 diagnostic tests for serious fungal infections each year.