Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include improvement/development of diagnostic products. The Research associate will design, develop, and execute experiments under the direct supervision of the Project Leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To meet standards of this position, personnel must be able to perform each essential duty with proficiency.
- Perform day to day experimental activities under GLP conditions, maintain detailed documentation.
- Perform protocols and data analysis required for product development.
- Specimen processing, storing, shipping and sample set preparation/documentation.
- General and preventative equipment maintenance and functional verification.
- Preparation of solutions, reagents or media.
- Ensure work is aligned with all relevant quality requirements.
- Keep current on applicable scientific literature.
- Participates in and adheres to the Quality Program.
- Interact with staff from all Departments.
- Adhere to safety SOPs and report potential safety hazards.
- Assist in preparations of GMP/QSR documents related to product manufacturing and quality assurance, publications, SOP’s, MSDS, etc.
- Must be able to work independently in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or equivalent.
- 1-3 years pertinent research and development experience.
- Basic knowledge in the areas of microbiology, immunology or biochemistry.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving abilities.
- Must possess exceptional communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft products).
- Highly motivated, readily adapts to changing priorities, effectively manages own time to ensure tasks, multiple projects are completed on time.
Apply today for the Research Associate position at MiraVista Diagnostics in Indianapolis. Please use the form on the website Career Center (or email your resume to email@example.com if you have any problems with the web form).
MiraVista Diagnostics was established in 2002 and operates a fast-paced onsite clinical laboratory in Indianapolis where we process more than 100,000 diagnostic tests for serious fungal infections each year.