MiraVista Diagnostics has an opening in the Research and Development Department for a motivated Research Associate to be part of a team tasked with improvement/development of diagnostic products. The Research associate will design, develop, and execute experiments under the direct supervision of the Project Leader. Duties may include the following:
- Perform day to day experimental activities under GLP conditions, maintain detailed documentation.
- Perform protocols and data analysis required for product development.
- Specimen processing, storing, shipping and sample set preparation/documentation
- General and preventative equipment maintenance and functional verification
- Preparation of solutions, reagents or media.
- Ensure work is aligned with all relevant quality requirements.
- Keep current on applicable scientific literature
- Participates in and adheres to the Quality Program.
- Interact with staff from all Departments.
- Adhere to safety SOPs and report potential safety hazards.
- Assist in preparations of GMP/QSR documents related to product manufacturing and quality assurance, publications, SOP’s, MSDS, etc
- Must be able to work independently in an interdisciplinary team environment.
Education and Experience
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or equivalent.
- Preferred: minimum of one year pertinent research and development experience.
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities
- Basic knowledge in the areas of microbiology, immunology or molecular biology and biochemistry as related to infectious diseases.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving abilities.
- Must possess exceptional communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft products)
- Highly motivated, readily adapts to changing priorities, effectively manages own time to ensure tasks, multiple projects are completed on time
- MiraVista offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Plan with company contribution and Paid Time Off.
MiraVista Diagnostics was established in 2002 and operates a fast-paced onsite clinical laboratory in Indianapolis where we process more than 100,000 diagnostic tests for serious fungal infections each year.