Veterinary Research Coordinator
Summary of Responsibilities
- The Veterinary Research Coordinator will facilitate clinical research, assist with diagnostic assay development, interface cross-functionally within MVD, and interact directly with veterinary customers.
- This is expected to be a varied, challenging, and stimulating position. There will be ample opportunity to learn and gain new skills on the job.
- 1 day / week remote work is possible
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Clinical Research
- Technical Support and Management
- Communication with collaborators – verbal and written
- Interface with other MVD divisions – verbal and written
- Assist with study design and regulatory (IACUC) submissions
- Data entry and manipulation – MS suite including Excel
- Assist with Sample management w/ guidance of MVD Biobank supervisor
- Diagnostic Assay Development
- Lab based work w/ guidance of R&D scientist(s) as needed for diagnostic assay development.
- Collaboration with R&D scientists to solve problems.
- Technical documentation of activities according to MVD SOPs.
- Sample management – MVD Biobank – see above
- Veterinary Customer Support
- Assist with clinical consultations – verbal or written
- Interface with MVD Lab Support and Clinical Services
- Assist with creation of Educational Materials for veterinarians and pet-owners
- Administrative Support
- Interface with MVD divisions to organize/schedule meetings
- Administrative duties pertinent to VM Division including inventory, billing, shipping, travel, CE approval, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to support the Veterinary Medicine Division
- Veterinary Technology degree – Associate’s or Bachelor’s
- Clinical Research Coordinator certificate
- Bachelor’s degree (any) or higher
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities
- Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
- Effective communication written and verbal
- Ability to build cross-functional collaborations
- Comfort with MS Suite Software most notably Excel for data entry and manipulation
- Bench or clinical research experience
- Healthcare (veterinary or otherwise) industry experience
- Understanding and appropriate use of medical terminology
MiraVista Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By signing this form I confirm my qualifications to perform the duties associated with this position. I also accept and acknowledge all responsibilities that have been defined and are required by this job description.