Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist Tues-Fri 3pm-11pm, Sat 10am – 5pm
Responsible for performing clinical assays, maintaining quality assurance of assays, verifying and relaying results, and performing tasks associated with support of clinical tests and as required by MiraVista Policies/Procedures and 42CFR 493.1489, 493.1495 and Part 58-1 of 10NYCRR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To meet standards of this position, personnel must be able to perform each essential duty with proficiency.
- Work as part of the Clinical Services Team to accomplish daily mission of patient care.
- Follow safety procedures
- Follow all Clinical Laboratory procedures and work instructions
- Follow and ensure compliance to regulatory standards (CLIA and State regulations)
- Follow Quality Management System guidelines
- Perform high complexity testing daily
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses
- Provide timely and cheerful customer service
- Prepare specimens and samples
- Maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced
- Use computers and perform mathematical calculations for the analysis of results
- Keep up to date with technical developments
- Ability to work exceptionally well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Strong data entry and data verification skills with attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform high complexity testing.
- Ability to follow instructions and comply with procedures related to quality, safety and security
- Time management skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time.
Job Education and Experience Requirements for Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Medical Technologist, 4-year degree) with ASCP Certification.
Bachelor’s degree in one of the biological/chemical sciences and minimum of one year of clinical laboratory experience in the specialties of Mycology and/or ELISA technology.
Minimum Related Experience:
- Intermediate MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Basic statistics knowledge, including data analysis
Preferred Related Experience:
- ASCP certification preferred
- One year of Diagnostic Immunology
Apply today for the Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist position at MiraVista Diagnostics in Indianapolis. Please use the form on the website Career Center (or email your resume to email@example.com if you have any problems with the web form).
MiraVista Diagnostics was established in 2002 and operates a fast-paced onsite clinical laboratory in Indianapolis where we process more than 100,000 diagnostic tests for serious fungal infections each year.
MiraVista Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.