Research and Development Associate
Summary of Responsibilities
The overall research focus of this position is the development, validation and implementation of new clinically relevant assays to aid in diagnosis of infectious diseases.
Job Type: Full-time, day shift Monday-Friday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within a team tasked with development and validation of new immunology-based assays, including reagent screening, feasibility, optimization and product release.
- Purification and scale up of proteins and carbohydrates using AKTA, KrosFlo, electrophoresis.
- Prepare research protocols, SOPs, work instructions and other documentation for efficient product development and product transfer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Fundamental understanding of immunology and test development.
- High level ability to analyze scientific data,
- Experience in GMP environment desirable.
- Must have good attention to details.
Education and Experience
- B .S. degree in biology, chemistry, immunology or related field with 8 years experience or M.S. degree with 3 years experience in research or industry.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills are required as well as demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
Apply today for the Research and Development Associate position at MiraVista Diagnostics in Indianapolis. Please use the form on the website Career Center (or email your resume to email@example.com if you have any problems with the web form).
MiraVista Diagnostics was established in 2002 and operates a fast-paced onsite clinical laboratory in Indianapolis where we process more than 100,000 diagnostic tests for serious fungal infections each year.
MiraVista Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.