Research and Development Scientist – Product Development
Summary of Responsibilities
The Research and Development Scientist – Product Development will focus on the development, validation and implementation of new immunological assays to aid in diagnosis of infectious diseases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To meet standards of this position, personnel must be able to perform each essential duty with proficiency.
- Be part of a team tasked with development and validation of new immunology-based assays, including reagent screening, feasibility, optimization and product release.
- Prepare research protocols, SOPs, work instructions and other documentation for efficient product development and product transfers.
- Effectively communicate scientific results within Research Department and cross-functionally.
- PhD in biology, chemistry, immunology or related field or MS with 8 years experience in a research environment or industry.
- Fundamental understanding of immunology and test development.
- Experience with design, development and evaluations of EIA, LFA, cytokine assays.
- Experience in production of recombinant proteins using various expression hosts.
- High level ability to analyze scientific data, assist in preparations of GMP documents.
- Must have good attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
Apply today for the Research and Development Scientist – Product Development position at MiraVista Diagnostics in Indianapolis. Please use the form on the website Career Center (or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with the web form).
MiraVista Diagnostics was established in 2002 and operates a fast-paced onsite clinical laboratory in Indianapolis where we process more than 100,000 diagnostic tests for serious fungal infections each year.