Research and Development Scientist
Summary of Responsibilities
The Research and Development Scientist will focus on the development, validation and implementation of new clinically relevant assays to aid in diagnosis of infectious diseases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To meet standards of this position, personnel must be able to perform each essential duty with proficiency.
- Be part of a team tasked with development, validation and implementation of new immunology-based assays for clinical testing.
- Culture of BSL2 and BSL3 organisms, isolate storage and documentation.
- Purification and scale up of proteins and carbohydrates using AKTA, KrosFlo, electrophoresis.
- High level ability to analyze scientific data, assist in preparations of GMP documents.
- PhD in biology, chemistry, immunology or related field or MS with 5 years experience in a research environment or industry.
- Fundamental understanding of immunology.
- Working knowledge of EIA test development.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
Apply today for the Research and Development Scientist position at MiraVista Diagnostics in Indianapolis. Please use the form on the website Career Center (or email your resume to email@example.com if you have any problems with the web form).
MiraVista Diagnostics was established in 2002 and operates a fast-paced onsite clinical laboratory in Indianapolis where we process more than 100,000 diagnostic tests for serious fungal infections each year.